August 01, 2010

Personal experience :)

I'm still in my confinement period.... Boringnya, x sabar nak habiskan tempoh pantang. Nak kata berpantang, pantang jugaklah tapi not that strict. I do believe some of the do's and dont's after delivery as long as it won't harm myself and of course the baby.

Giving birth is not easy, either normal vaginal delivery or caesarian. Both have an effect on our body physiology. During pregnancy, our body changed a lot.Our body will come back to it's normal body state on it's own. But all the amalan masa berpantang probably will help the recovery process.

All my 3 children were born normal vaginal delivery so I don't have any experience in caesarian. So I could not give any comment about it. Tapi beranak normal mmg ..$%^&##!*& ..... Tuhan saja yg tahu. I didn't take any pain killers during my labor. It's not that I don't want to take an epidural but i'm just unlucky because all my delivery happened after office hour n over the weekend. ( in gov hospital setting, they don't provide epidural at this time) And I think that is why God make woman to bear children not man coz I personally don't think a man can go thru it. I still remember my hubby said after I gave birth to my son " kesian tengok mama beranak tadi..." He accompanied me throughout the process, and I hope he would appreciate all my sacrifices, all the pain that I had gone thru..

Post delivery, there is not much pain but only some discomfort (talking about normal delivery) Bayangkan baby keluar thru the small birth canal, semua sendi2 pinggul jadik longgar. and all the 'pushing' during delivery betul2 buat badan jadi letih. letih bukan mcm lari berkilometer tp lain rasanya. Nak angkat kaki sendiri pun xlarat... sbb tu org beranak kena byk rehat utk recover. During my first 2 delivery, i did'nt wear any traditional bengkung tp kali ni pakai... rupanya mmg best pakai bengkung ni. Kalau ikut lojik, kenapa nk seksa diri pakai bengkung from underbust to mid thigh. nk gi toilet, nk jalan, nk duduk mmg seksa skit. Bengkung actually grip badan yg longgar2 tadi so bila kita nak bergerak xlah rasa lenguh2, rasa berat. Mmg recommended to every mom yg baru lps beranak.

Urut mmg salah satu perkara penting for me selepas beranak... just imagine badan yang letih, lenguh2 diurut.... best giler. Another thing is bertuku.Tuku is a ball-like metal object with a handle. Tapi kalau takde boleh guna batu sungai. After it has been heated, it is wrapped in a cloth and noni leaf, and gently rolled over the abdomen. It is believed to help uterine contraction but I don't think so. I practised bertuku during my confinement because of the comfort. Rasa relaks, selesa lepas bertuku ni. So as long as kita rasa benda tu x memudaratkan, no harm practising right?

Food wise, ada jugak yang pantang. But from medical point of view, xde istilah makanan panas ke sejuk. Semua boleh makan tapi I personally feels ada jugak sesetengah makanan yang kurang elok dimakan oleh orang bersalin coz I have my on personal experience. So it is up to you which one you choose, but the most important thing is a mother needs a balance diet for her own energy and for breastfeeding. So make sure you take a balance diet and drink a lot of water for your own hydration coz we loose a lot of fluid per vaginal n from breastfeeding.Talking about breastfeeding, it really helps in uterine contraction and reduce the risk of postnatal bleeding. Badan pun cepat turun.... I manage to get back to my pre pregnancy weight sebelum habis pantang :)

Apa2pun, the process of getting pregnant, going thru the pregnancy period, giving birth, confinement period and raising a child is not easy. Bukan senang nak jadi seorang ibu.... To all husband outside there, please appreciate your mother and of course your wife for all of their sacrifices. And if you have a chance to accompany your wife throughout the delivery process, please do. Coz you won't understand until you experience and see it with your own eyes. Tapi jangan pulak suami collapse dlm delivery room nanti... ;P

Having a new child is like signing a contract with God, to raise them as a good muslim or muslimah. And hope I can do the best that I could to raise my kids.

0 comments: