August 23, 2010

Darwisya's New Habit

Recently (dah dekat 2 bulan) I noticed Darwisya has a habit. Nail biting! urgh..... I noticed it when she attended her school's sports day somewhere in Jun. At that time she was standing under a tent with her friends while waiting for their turn to play. Luckily I was sitting exactly in front of the tent so that i can see her. Or else until now, I may not know that she has the nail biting habit.

Well talking about nail biting based on my limited knowledge, habit can be from nail biting, thumb sucking, hair twirling etc. and there are many reason why children develop their 'habit'. The commonest is because thay are anxiou, nervous, feel boring but there are children who develop their habit without any reason; it is just they like to do it! And I think Darwisya develop her habit because of anxiety and boring.

Luckily Darwisya's habit is still not so bad to extend that it ruined her nails. And I want her to stop her habit before it gets worse. Some people say, most habits disappear by the time a child reaches school age. But I don't want to wait for another 2 years for her to outgrow the habit. So how to stop it? First I always told her that nail biting is not a good habit, it's unhygienic and it can ruined her nails. Darwisya is very lady-like and she loves beauty so probably she can accept my reasoning :P. Whenever I saw her doing her habit, I will quickly distract her with other things.

Hopefully it works and Darwisya is free from her nail biting habit soon.

3 comments:

FrH said...

haa yelah. ni dah mention bile ingat balik baru perasan ada few times nampak dia gigit kuku ..

Mrs Z said...

Zaza, Abang Shafiq pun sama macam Darwisya. Suka gigit kuku. But his habit started recently. I just realised it when I noticed that I never had to cut his nails. So I asked him, why his nails never seem to grow. Then he admitted that he bites his nails. So I guna approach yg drastic sikit. I told him, if I catch him bitting his nails again, I akan rotan dia. (W/pun I tak pernah rotan dia selama ni). Lepas tu, dia terus berhenti gigit kuku. :D

zaza said...

FrH: itulah pasal.... skarang semakin obvious. asal dia xde buat apa2 mesti jari kt mulut

Mrs Z: Bagus Shafiq dgr cakap.... Darwisya ni, Zaza ckp nak rotan ke apa, mcm tu jugak dia buat. xmakan saman.