November 16, 2009

From breastfeeding to bottle feeding

Now I'm trying hard to change (breastfeed to bottle feed). Why? Because I'll be back to work soon. I don't have any problem with my eldest daughter as she was breastfed for only 2 months and she refused it once I start working. But Mia is different... she never use bottle before so it is very difficult to make her use it. Got few tips from my friends on how to change to bottle but so far none is successful yet. Mia will throw tantrum whenever she doesn't get it. I tried to ignore the tantrum episode but she will keep on screaming no matter how long would it takes. I had once let her cried for nearly an hour but then i give in. I know I should never give in easily when it comes to this situation but I just can't stand the screaming and crying.

So what I'm doing now is trying to reduce the frequency of feeding during the day. Whenever she comes near to me for breast feeding quickly I will distract her by taking her to the kitchen and get something to snack... usually i give her some fruits. Luckily she likes fruits especially apple and grapes. Night time, I try to sleep separately from her so that she would not 'smell' my presence. I have been trying this for a week but so far not much improvement seen. Arghh... what else should I do?

If only Mia can read and understand..
My darling Mia, mama have to go to work soon and you must start using the bottle now. I will not be at home to feed you as frequent as you want or as long as you wish. You will be staying with nenek at home so please darling mia, start using the bottle, please behave when mama is away and no more tantrums.... I promise to feed you when I'm home.

6 comments:

Mrs Z said...

Kesian Mia and her Mama. It's just been a week, right? It's gonna take some time since Mia has been breastfeeding from birth.Have you tried all the traditional methods of putting something salty or sour around the "feeding area"? My sis in law pernah letak lipstick around the "feeding area" & told her son it was bleeding so he cannot breastfeed. It worked for a while.

zaza said...

belum try lagi tu... hehe thanks for the idea... agak2 dia akan faham ke x eh? hopefully dia akan start using the bottle soon:)

FrH said...

kak fizah try pakai botol apa? hadzim dulu masa nk bg pakai botol avent dia xsuke, puting keras kot .. tp bile pakai botol MAM (sila google) dia terus nak .. sbb MAM punya puting soft sket.

tp rasanya mia dah kenal mana 1 nipple ori mana 1 fake nipple haha. maybe kena try cara tradisional as suggested.

p/s wahhh nnt korang dah balik meriah laa umah eeda :)

zaza said...

FrH: hahah... meriah bangat! akak guna je botol mana yg ada...hehe.. nnt kena cari botol yg agak senang utk dia isap. puting yg ada ni mcm keras jugak, dia xpandai isap. end up dia gigit2 jek.

niSamiR said...

u'll be working kat HK ke k.fiza?aryssa pulak dah takmo bf.. sedey tol..saya punya bajet nak stop until 2years..nmpk gaya nyee dpt bertahan until 18mnths jee...tp bm dok ada lagi nih..aiyaaa..aryssa...aryssaa..hehe

zaza said...

niSamiR: xlah, dh nak balik januari insyaAllah. So kena start practice bottl la... sayang jugk eh, BM ada lg tp ur cutie pie xnak pulak... hehe mcm2 betul budk2 ni :)