October 21, 2009

From a career woman to a housewife..

Nope... am not officially resigned from my work. Just taking a long unpaid leave to follow my hubby abroad. Having 2 kids really a challenge. Could not imagine how those people with many more kids survive n handle theirs. At first i thought housewife is easy but IT IS NOT. You will be the first person to wake up and the last person to sleep. Make sure everything in order, from the time my lil girls wake up till night time. I do feel stressed up in the beginning coz i just feel so tired handling everything but as time goes by i slowly can cope with it. But still sometimes i just feel like i need time for myself without the kids... just do anything, or go anywhere just me alone.
Being a housewife is not easy, it's tough, tiring, challenging.... Taking care of ur own kids make people around you have some sort of expectation. What i mean is when our child does not behave well infront of others, of course they would say 'the mother doesn't teach the child well'.

My eldest daughter is 4, not attending any pre-school yet as it is so expensive here (hong kong) So i decided to teach my daughter on my own... wow, sounds great n interesting right? But here comes another challenge. It's very hard to get their attention and they will give all sorts of excuses whenever they are lazy. However am proud of my daughter, even though at times she is just simple lazy to learn, at least by now she is able to recognize and write all the alphabets from A-Z, counts up to 20 and write her own name. Guess more than enough for her age, right? Now I just concentrate more on developing her fine motor skills like holding pencil correctly, holding scissors and try cutting papers, holding a paint brush and try painting..

End of the story, I just hope all of us realize that housewife is not an easy job. Please show some respect, appreciation and support towards them. Maybe next time i can share with u guys some of my daughter art works and few websites that might be helpful for you to teach and create activities with ur children. see ya!

1 comments:

drputeri said...

i believe u r great mummy & housewife, zaza. I truly believe that among all careers for women, housewife is the noblest. Keep up the good work & dont feel overwhelmed, just do one thing at a time, ya! ;-)